Wow! I can’t believe how fast time has gone by. Round one of my Whole30 Experience is complete and my Whole30 results are incredible!
Non- Scale Victories
Before I even get to my measurement and weight, I have to share my non-scale victories. There have been so many over the past month, I almost don’t know where to start and I am probably leaving a few out. So let’s start with….
- Sleeping better and waking up remembering my dreams for the first time in 17 years
- Feeling lighter and more comfortable in my body
- Gained mental clarity and much better memory
- Completely sleighed the sugar dragon – no sugar cravings whatsoever
- Less bloat
- Clothes fit better – tossed two pairs of pants and one shirt
- Kids are eating healthier than they ever have
- Flatter stomach
- No PMS and much easier menstrual cycle
- Practicing mindful eating for the first time in my life
- Haven’t experienced acid reflux symptoms
- No migraines
- Handle stress better
- Thoughts are more organized
- Eliminated carb cravings
- Healthiest I’ve eaten in my entire life
- Better workouts and accomplished my personal bests in yoga and at barre class
- Quicker recovery from workouts
- Compliments abounded from friends and family
- Eating Whole30 foods went from being a challenge to a practice, and turned into an easy comfortable habit
- And…….this one is huge for me. Less reliant on the scale
I made a big mistake and didn’t measure before starting the Whole30 – ugh. I highly recommend anyone starting the Whole30 to measure before because you will be amazed at how your body composition changes. Luckily, I realized my chiropractor’s office had measured me right before I started and was able to get the measurements. I lost 12 inches in one month – the length of a ruler!
Would you believe me if I told you I wasn’t even that excited to weigh myself? It might be because I was feeling so great with all of my non- scale victories in tow or because I was so happy to have lost twelve inches, but It just didn’t seem like a big deal. I lost five pounds.
For a minute I compared myself to other Whole30ers who reported much more weight loss. Then, I looked back at myfitnesspal and I could clearly see that I have averaged a weight loss of 4 pounds a month over the past six months of the weight loss clinic’s high protein low carb diet. Knowing my metabolism runs on the slow side because of all the factors I told you about in How I Gained Over 100 Pounds and My Best Advice To You ,I decided to celebrate the 5 pound weight loss since its 1 pound more than my average and I feel great!
I had a great experience with my Whole30 practice and think it’s something everyone should try at least once. We have a fantastic Facebook group of Whole30ers who are supporting each other and would love to have you if you are interested.